We all know that drinking water is vital for our health. Each cell of our body requires water to function properly. Starting from digestion to excretion waste, everything in the body is done by water. It maintains proper body temperature, keeps skin moist, boost the energy, relieves fatigue and maintains health benefits in various ways. Talking about how much water to drink, we all know about drinking eight glasses of water is beneficial in order to stay healthy. When it comes to losing weight, the more water you drink the better will be the results. There are a number of studies that have proved there is a very close relation between weight loss and water. Obesity in India is one of the major problems. In fact, India is the world’s third most obese country. In this blog, I am going to share how drinking water helps to lose weight.
Table of Contents
Benefits of Drinking Water to Lose Weight
It is commonly found that once people put on the weight they become obsessed with their weight. The feeling of being overweight influence them both mentally and physically. Drinking more water is the easiest way to lose weight. Here is the reason how drinking water helps to lose weight.
Reduce the Amount of Fat Stored in Body:
If we don’t drink water, the kidneys will not be able to work properly and they will have to rely on the liver to flush out waste from the body. Since the liver is responsible for burning the fat stored in the body. It has to do double work which decreases its fat burning efficiency that can cause more fat deposit in the body. By drinking more water we let our kidneys to function properly so that the liver can effectively metabolize the fat stored in the body. The more water we drink, the less will be the fat stored in the body.
It Suppresses Appetite
Overeating is one of the major reasons for weight gain. Drinking water before a meal is very helpful and will prevent you from overeating as it suppresses the appetite. It fills up your tummy without adding any calories. It is found that people who drink water 30 minutes before having a meal lose their weight faster than those who don’t.
Water Contains 0% calories
Instead of drinking tea, coffee, or any other beverages, drinking a glass water will help you to lose more weight. Unlike these beverages, pure water contains no calories which are very beneficial for maintaining your body weight as it will reduce the calorie intake in your body. You must drink water which is purified to get most of its benefits.
You may like to read about Best Water Purifier in India Under ₹10,000
How water can be used Differently To Lose Weight:
- If you focus on drinking water you can try infusing the water with vegetables and fruit. You can add cucumbers, melons, mint leaves and other herbs in the water. In addition to this, you can also add different citrus fruits, apples, and pineapple as well.
- Just cut the fruits and vegetables/detox the water and store it in your fridge and then consume it. Make sure that you do not add any sugar, instead, you can add cinnamon or you can even nutmeg.
- You can also eat water-rich foods. You can try eating watermelon, strawberries, peaches, tomatoes, pineapple, eggplant, or broccoli.
- You can also try green tea diet. Just have an 8oz glass of green tea and the increase in this fluids will help with your weight loss.
- You can also try a juicing diet and all you need to focus on fruit and vegetables especially the leafy one such as Kale and spinach.
Water can really be very much helpful for losing weight. It is 100% calorie-free and can help you burn more calories. Drinking water can suppress your appetite if you consume it before meals. However, if you want to lose weight you should replace the sugary food with water as this would be more beneficial.
However drinking water properly is also very important to reduce weight here are some tips you can follow:
- Start your day with drinking water instead of having tea or coffee
- Drink water before having meal
- Drink water before and after you exercise. Moreover, you should also hydrate yourself by taking some sips of water during exercise
- Drink water before going to bed
To make your body stay hydrated, you should drink water, but you should not forget that the water you drink must be pure as it will help you to lose weight more rapidly. You can also drink other forms of water such as watermelon, oranges, strawberry as they have more water content in it. Eating fruits and vegetables not only provide nutrients to your body but also improves hydration. Drink water to lose weight as it is the 100% calorie-free drink.